Saturday, March 17, 2012

Birthday Cake the Supermom Way!

So Brother Baer decided for his party today he wanted a Transformer cake. I learned my leasson with the $50.00 dinosaur cake a few years back. I will never again pay for some fancy cake. So...I was on a mission to make an affordable, awesome, Transformer cake! I always want something to LOOK like I spent a lot of time and energy on it and not really have to spend a lot of time and energy...right? So after searching around for ideas and debating on fondant or not...Here is what I came up with...

I baked a chocolate and white cake...put them together in a box from Walmart ($2.50!) and iced one side red and one side blue. I purchased Transformer party masks from Walmart and used one on the center of the cake. Then added the 3 crash bot Transformers and added some grey piping around the edges! That's it! Super EASY super quick and didn't cost half of what a premade fancy cake would have.
It's totally not perfect. But...It's made with love and meant to be eaten...right? The boys love it and that's all that matters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment