Monday, September 19, 2011

Confessions of an over achiever

So, I'm confessing and coming clean. As I started working on this 100 things project I realized that I can't just do something "a little" or some half way. I have to go over board. I feel the need to do everything, everyday, all the time. And guess what? It doesn't work. Know why? Because it's impossible. Totally impossible. I can promise you that no one will ever be harder on me than I am. That's a fact. SO.....As I sit here tonight, after 2 days of reflection I have decided that along with my house purging I'm going to purge my mind as well.
So, ok....it's an excuse for not finishing the dining room. I know. HaHa But honestly it's a lot to get through. And I have 3 kids at home with therapies and everything else So I need to cut myself a break. I did however do 7 loads of laundry. And fold them all. (They aren't all put away but that's ok) I fed kids 3 meals today and changed a ton of diapers. I also bottle fed the baby 3 times and did manage to gather 3 bags of trash out of the dining room buffet. I actually reached my 100 things goal. Well over actually. I'm pretty sure I threw away about 400 pieces of paper or more.
My dining room isn't done. Only half way. But I'm ok with that. I'm happy to make progress. I figure it I can accomplish one tiny portion of the house each day while I upkeep the parts I have completed already that i will eventually over come. I will win.
But if I don't, that's ok too. Know why? Cause I work hard and mean well. And that's all I can ask for. My babies are happy. My husband is loved. My life is great.
And I feel so liberated with this cleansing. Starting tomorrow here is my list of things to achieve:
1. Do something I love (Tomorrow it may be a walk, depending on the rain)
2. Clean the rest of the dining room (100 things! Not quitting this!!!!)
3. Play with the babies
4. Make Dinner
5. Read some on my Kindle
If those things happen tomorrow it will be a GREAT day. Notice I only put in a small chore. I must stop thinking I can do everything everyday for everyone. All it does it cause me to feel digusted with myself and my home. the daily tasks while be completed and anything extra will be a bonus!
100 things in 7 days. Do it 100 things per day, per room, per week....just Do it! You will feel great I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment